Homemade Cake Recipes
What desserts do you usually cook for the holidays? We are sure that each family has its own homemade cake recipes. Your loved ones may love carrot cake or red velvet one.
However, have you heard about the honey balls cake or Norwegian kvæfjordkake (the world’s best cake)? It’s time to expand your baking knowledge and fall in love with these sweet masterpieces forever!
Honey Balls Homemade Cake
The honey balls cake has amazing honey flavor and is extremely easy to make. You can use any frosting of choice for this cake!
- 3 ½ cups (520 g) flour
- 1 ⅔ cup (320 g) sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (100 g) butter
- 2 ¼ cups (500 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp starch
- vanilla extract to taste
- To make the balls airy, prepare the dough in a double boiler. Put 3 teaspoons of butter in it, half of the sugar and honey. Stir constantly until dissolved.
- Add baking soda, mix and remove from heat. Cool a little and add 3 cups of flour and 2 eggs. Knead the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form nut-sized balls from the dough. Lay them out on the baking sheet, keep in mind that they will increase in size, so make sure that there’s enough space between them. Place the sheet in the oven preheated to 400 °F (200 °C) for 5–10 minutes.
- The frosting also needs to be prepared in a double boiler. Pour milk into a saucepan, add 2 eggs, starch, 3 tablespoons of flour, the rest of the sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Add the rest of the butter and whip the frosting.
- Pour cooled balls with frosting and mix. Put them in a springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, flip the pan upside down, pour the cake with chocolate icing or melted chocolate.
This cake has many names, one of them is verdens beste kake, which in Norwegian means “the world’s best cake.” Delicate sponge cake, meringue, whipped cream… The name speaks for itself! Once you’ve tasted it, you’ll fall in love with it’s luxurious texture!
- ½ cup (100 g) butter
- 1 ½ cup (320 g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup (160 g) wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 oz (80 g) almond flakes
- 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) cream with 33% fat content
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat with a mixer ½ cup (120 g) of brown sugar with softened butter, 4 egg yolks and milk. Sift flour with baking powder and beat all the ingredients with a mixer at low speed.
- Separately, beat 4 cold egg whites with a pinch of salt and 1 cup (200 g) of brown sugar until firm peaks form.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, smooth out with a spatula. Put the whipped egg whites in a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a cut corner and pipe the meringues onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the meringues with almond flakes or crushed almonds and put the cake to bake in an oven preheated to 350 °F (180 °C) for 30 minutes. The meringue should become golden and solid inside. After baking, let the cake cool completely.
- Cut the layer into two parts, apply whipped cream to one half and cover with the other. Put the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
These beautiful homemade cake ideas will be the culmination of any festive occasion. After all, it is the cake that makes the celebration so special!
46 Comments Hide Comments
I think the admin of this web page is really working hard for his web page,
because here every material is quality based information.
Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that,
Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing problems
with your RSS. I don’t understand why I cannot subscribe to it.
Is there anybody else having similar RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!
Having read this I believed it was really informative. I
appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this
information together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!
whoah this weblog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
Stay up the great work! You understand, many individuals are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.
I feel that is one of the most important information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. However wanna observation on few
common things, The website style is ideal, the articles is actually nice : D.
Good process, cheers
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage?
My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from
some of the information you provide here. Please let me know
if this ok with you. Cheers!
Informative article, just what I was looking for.
Hello, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s actually fine, keep up writing.
Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger,
and I was wondering your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to trade techniques with other folks, be sure to shoot me an email
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we communicate?
Howdy! This post could not be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of
my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this.
I am going to forward this post to him. Fairly certain he’ll have
a very good read. Thanks for sharing!