How to Make Perfect Potato Pies
Potato pancakes are a staple in many households, but they can be greasy and heavy. As a compromise, why not make a different potato dish? On weekends, treat yourself and your family or guests to these potato pies with a soft egg filling and a low-fat potato base.
These dishes will become a new family favorite! When you master this recipe, you can begin to experiment with different ingredients, or make a tasty open pie with a creamy, hearty filling and call it pizza!
Recipes for Potato Pies
Here are two recipes for excellent savory pastries that will be perfect for your festive table or for satisfying your craving for something filling.
Potato Pancake Pie
- 2 lb (900 g) potatoes
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ½ oz (100 g) hard cheese
- 5 ¼ oz (150 g) mixed vegetables
- 3 ½ oz (100 g) cooked sausage
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and grate them on the coarse side of a grater. Then wrap them in gauze and squeeze out the water. Add two eggs, salt, and chopped garlic to the potatoes. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Line the casserole dish with parchment paper and evenly distribute the potato mixture on the bottom and sides. Preheat oven to 360°F and bake for 15 minutes.
- Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater and cut the sausage into small cubes. In a deep bowl, beat six eggs with milk, add cheese, sausage, vegetable mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the potato base from the oven, pour in the egg mixture, and bake at 360°F for 40–45 minutes. Let the pie cool before serving.
- 1 ¼ lb (850 g) potatoes
- 2 ¾ oz (75 g) suluguni cheese
- 6 oz (170 g) hunter’s sausages
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches scallions
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Ketchup to taste
- Grate peeled potatoes on the coarse side of a grater and boil it in water for 20 minutes. Let it cool, and then squeeze out excess liquid through a towel.
- Add finely grated onion to the potatoes along with two eggs and garlic powder, salt to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- Line the baking pan with parchment. Form an even 12-inch pie shell and brush the surface with olive oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes in an oven preheated to 500°F.
- Evenly distribute grated suluguni cheese, slices of hunter’s sausage, and three eggs on the baked pie shell. Add salt and pepper, and pop it into an oven preheated to 320°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizza with chopped green onions and add ketchup before serving.
Potato flavor and texture go well with mouth-watering filling and melted cheese. It can be fun to experiment with ingredients by incorporating products that are always at hand, for instance, fish, minced meat, mushrooms, greens, and vegetables. Pies turn out very appealing and delicious and work great both as a snack or a side for other dishes.
57 Comments Hide Comments
965565 354225Hello. excellent job. I did not anticipate this. This is a splendid articles. Thanks! 213462
281055 67521I came across this excellent from you out of sheer luck and never feel lucky enough to say also credit you for any job properly done. 646184
Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess
I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to
the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for first-time blog
writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.
Does your website have a contact page? I’m having problems
locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an email.
I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.
Hi there, I want to subscribe for this weblog to obtain latest updates, therefore where can i
do it please help.
I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.
You’re wonderful! Thanks!
This site was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful &
it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something
back and aid others like you helped me.
Great article! This is the type of info that are supposed to be
shared around the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this submit upper!
Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =)