How to Make Hearty Casseroles
The key to the success of any chef is the ability to feed the guests to their heart’s content. Interestingly enough, it does not require cooking anything unusual, only knowing a couple of suitable recipes. Incredibly tasty and hearty casseroles from the ingredients on hand are perfect for the job.
We bet you will be especially surprised by the layered corn casserole. And the blanketed chicken will not leave anyone indifferent either.
- 2 chicken leg quarters;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 14 oz (400 g) cabbage;
- 4 potatoes;
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise;
- 6 ¾ fl oz (200 ml) water;
- 2 tbsp tomato paste;
- 2 tsp paprika;
- salt, ground black pepper to taste.
- Rub chicken leg quarters with tomato paste and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Slice potatoes and onions, chop cabbage and grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Place the chicken leg quarters at the bottom of the baking dish and put a layer of onions and carrots on top.
- Add spices, then cabbage; add spices again, then potatoes. Sprinkle more spices on top.
- Dissolve mayonnaise in boiling water and distribute it over the contents of the mold.
- Cover with foil and bake at 430 °F for 1 hour. Then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 10 ½ oz (300 g) cornmeal;
- 10 ½ oz (300 g) ham;
- 7 oz (200 g) cottage cheese;
- 7 oz (200 g) hard cheese;
- 50 fl oz (1 ½ l) milk;
- 7 oz (200 g) sour cream;
- 4 eggs;
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil;
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cut ham into small cubes and fry them in sunflower oil. Stir and let fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Bring milk to a boil in a pot, add salt and cornmeal, mix with a wooden spoon. When the porridge begins to thicken, reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the mamaliga is ready, remove it from the heat, add sour cream, and mix.
- Put a quarter of the porridge into an 8-inch mold, smooth it out, and sprinkle with a third of the grated cheese.
- Add a third of the cottage cheese and a quarter of the ham. Repeat the layers twice.
- Put the last layer of porridge on top, smooth it out, and make 4 holes with a spoon. Break one egg into each and sprinkle with the remaining ham.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 360 °F for 30 minutes.
These hearty casseroles are so effortless to make that everyone can ace them — the oven will do all the hard work. No one will remain hungry with such lunch!
18 Comments Hide Comments
Very good post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our site. Keep up the great writing.|
Hello there, I discovered your website via Google at the same time as looking for a comparable subject, your web site came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello everyone, it’s my first go to see at this web page, and paragraph is truly fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of articles.|
Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.|
It’s remarkable to pay a visit this site and reading the views of all friends about this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting experience.|
Hi to every one, it’s genuinely a good for me to visit this web site, it contains useful Information.|
Excellent items from you, man. I’ve take into account your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you’ve received right here, certainly like what you are stating and the way by which you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to learn much more from you. That is really a tremendous website.|
Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.|
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I’ve really loved surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!|
Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!|
We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.|
Hi, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s actually excellent, keep up writing.|
I think the admin of this web page is in fact working hard for his web site, as here every data is quality based data.|