In the 1930s, the chef of one of Wellington’s hotels created a light dessert for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova. This happened during her world tour. Since then the dish has become a part of New Zealand and Australian cuisines. At the moment, there are more than 600 recipes, and today we would like to share with you recipes for two delicious Pavlova desserts.
A beautiful dessert deserves a beautiful story. We are convinced that the recipe is perfect to treat your significant other to. A great idea for a romantic dinner, isn’t it? Light as a feather, Pavlova desserts with creamy airy cap and a berry sauce are ideal for creating a festive atmosphere.
Pavlova Dessert With Berries
- 4 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups (270 g) powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp corn starch
- 2 drops of pink food coloring
- 9 oz (250 g) raspberries
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 14 oz (400 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- Beat 4 egg whites with powdered sugar 1 ½ cups (190 g) mixed with starch (½ teaspoon) until stable peaks. Add the food coloring and beat again.
- Transfer the meringue mixture to a pastry bag (or just a plastic bag).
- Turn a cupcake pan upside down and pour the cream on it, so that you get baskets in the end. Bake them for one hour at 280 °F (140 °C).
- Prepare the raspberry sauce: put raspberries, sugar and starch (1 tablespoon) into a saucepan and keep on heat, stirring until the berries are soft and the syrup is boiling. It is better if the sauce is smooth.
- Whip the cream cheese with heavy cream and powdered sugar ⅔ cup (80 g).
- Now we need to put the dessert together: pour a spoonful of raspberry sauce on a serving plate, put a little cream in the center and put meringue on it (you can scrub the bottom with a knife, the basket will be more stable). Put little peaks of cream in the basket, a little raspberry sauce on the cream, then again several cream peaks on top of it. Alternate the sauce and cream till the top of the basket. Decorate the Pavlova with strawberry slices or other berries. Serve the dessert covering it with the second half of empty meringue.
Chocolate Pavlova Dessert
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ cups (160 g) powdered sugar
- 2 ⅔ oz (75 g) dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 5 ¼ oz (150 g) heavy cream
- berries and cocoa powder to taste
- Beat 3 egg whites in a foam with salt and lemon juice. Add 1 ¼ cups (150 g) of powdered sugar and beat until stable peaks.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add it to the meringue cream and mix.
- Put dollops of meringue on the lined baking sheet, make a small indentation in each one and bake them for an hour at 250 °F (120 °C).
- Beat the cream with the rest of the powdered sugar, fill the meringues. Decorate the top of the dessert with berries and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
What is the difference between the Pavlova desserts and ordinary meringues? The secret is in starch: thanks to this simple ingredient, the egg white foam gets a crust, but remains soft inside. This light dessert is impossible to imagine without berries. It can be raspberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, the more varied — the better. By the way, Pavlova’s desserts can be not only small baskets, but also large cakes! We hope you will fall in love with this treat as much as we do.
108 Comments Hide Comments
Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is
awesome, great written and include approximately all important infos.
I’d like to peer extra posts like this .
I am curious to find out what blog system you are using?
I’m having some small security issues with my latest blog and I’d like
to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions?
Esse post é inestimável . Onde posso saber
Does your site have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but,
I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some creative ideas for your blog you
might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this fantastic
paragraph to improve my experience.
Uau, maravilhoso seu layout! Há quanto tempo você faz conteúdo?
O aspecto geral do seu site é excelente, assim como os
temas que aborda!
Hi, I desire to subscribe for this blog to get latest updates,
thus where can i do it please assist.
I’m not sure why but this web site is loading incredibly slow
for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem
on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still
This is a topic that’s near to my heart… Many thanks! Where are
your contact details though?
That is very interesting, You’re a very professional blogger.
I’ve joined your rss feed and look ahead to seeking extra of your fantastic post.
Additionally, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks
77954 16977Hello there, I discovered your blog by way of Google at exactly the same time as looking for a comparable topic, your website got here up, it seems to be excellent. Ive bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. 930699