Solving Math Problems for Fun
Both children and adults like to work math problems for fun. After all, they show the connection to real life examples in a more casual manner than formulas and theorems. Besides, they offer an excellent opportunity to test your abilities and find out how good is your logical thinking.
With this in mind, today, Cook It will share some more problems whose solution shouldn’t take much time. Nevertheless, these little mental exercises will be both beneficial and enjoyable. Let’s solve them together!
Work Math Problems for Fun
- From the task in the preview picture, it is clear that hats, gloves, and socks represent different numbers. Look closely at the first three instances to figure out which number equals which item. All you have to do is solve the final task.
- A student bought four new hardbacks. If you subtract the price of the first book from the total cost, you get 84 dollars. If you subtract the price of the second book, you get 80 dollars, the third — 76 dollars, the fourth — 72 dollars. What is the cost of each of the books? © Depositphotos
- The third problem will also be about books. A man read exactly two-thirds of his book. He became curious and counted the pages. What he found was that the part he has already read was 90 pages longer than the part he hasn’t yet read. How many pages are there in the book? © Depositphotos
Math Problem Solutions
- If three hats equal 30, then one hat equals 30 : 3 = 10. Therefore, gloves equal (18 – 10) / 2 = 4. Next, we can devise that socks represent the number 4 – 2 = 2. Taking into account that the bottom line has only one sock and one glove, the result is as follows: 1 + 10 * 2 = 1 + 20 = 21.
- Although this task may seem difficult at first, it is easy to solve. First, you need to calculate the total sum the student paid for the books: 84 + 80 + 76 + 72 / 3 = 312 / 3 = 104 dollars. Hence, the first book cost 104 – 84 = 20 dollars. The price of the second book is 104 – 80 = 24 dollars. The third book cost 104 – 76 = 28 dollars. Finally, the most expensive of the four books cost 104 – 72 = 32 dollars.
- If two-thirds of the book is exactly 90 pages longer than the remaining third of the book, it is easy to determine that a third of the book is equal to 90 pages. Thus, then the total page count is 90 * 3 = 270.
Although these fun math problems aren’t super difficult, someone who hasn’t attended math lessons for years may have trouble finding the solution right away. Hence, it is quite helpful to break from the day-to-day routine by training your brain and solving a couple of tasks. Did you manage to solve them all?
64 Comments Hide Comments
22073 380391His or her shape of unrealistic tats were initially threatening. Lindsay utilized gun very first basic, whereas this girl snuck outside by printer ink dog pen. I used absolutely certain the all truly on the shade, with the tattoo can be taken from the body shape. make an own temporary tattoo 481435
847351 206685Hi my loved 1! I wish to say that this post is amazing, excellent written and come with almost all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this . 761220
856672 937519How will be the new year going? I hope to read far more interesting posts like last year 273961
272690 973226Low-cost Gucci Handbags Is usually blogengine a lot better than wp for reasons unknown? Should be which is turning out to be popluar today. 139990
You could definitely see your skills in the article you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
At all times follow your heart.
I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog
and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
This submit truly made my day. You can not imagine just how
a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
OMG! This is amazing. Ireally appreciate it~ May I tell you exactly how to do a secret only I KNOW and if you want to have a checkout You really have to believe mme and have faith
and I will show how to make money Once again I want to
show my appreciation and may all the blessing goes to you now!.