Shake off the Cobwebs With These Fun Math Puzzles
Math puzzles have always been a great way to test your intelligence against other people’s. Hence, it is not surprising that many mathematical problems that have been central in the mathematics curriculum since antiquity are still popular nowadays.
Today, Cook It encourages our readers to do a little mental workout to benefit the brain. Although the following tasks may seem simple at first glance, each of them has a catch. Blink and you’ll miss it!
- Firstly, we invite you to make sense of the pattern shown in the picture below. To solve the final equation, it is necessary to understand the rules applied to the first three. What number comes in place of the question mark?
- For the second task, you ought to find a specific number, as well. Carefully analyze the data in the picture to understand what number should replace the question mark.
- Finally, solve this equation featuring the number “3”. To do this, you must remember the correct order of mathematical operations.
- Math whizzes have probably noticed right away that the number on the left plus the sum of its digits equals the number on the right. That is, 375 + 3 + 7 + 5 = 390. Accordingly, the solution for the final equation is as follows: 522 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 531.
- Having analyzed the circle with numbers, we conclude that by multiplying the numbers from the opposite sectors, we get 150. With this in mind, it is easy to determine what number should replace the question mark: 150/15 = 10.
- You will have to solve the equation in two steps. Step one: 3 + 3 * 3/3 – 3 = 3 + 9/3 – 3 = 3. Step two: (3/3) ³ = 1³ = 1.
Which of the tasks did you find the most difficult? Did you manage to solve all of these math puzzles correctly? Feel free to share your result in the comments section below, as we would love to know!
If you enjoy such mental workouts, check out these math problems only the smartest can get right.