DIY Flower Pot
My husband used to ask me why I save all kinds of stuff. But now he sees that I’m passionate about turning what could be waste into useful things. This time I won’t throw away the container from detergent capsules. I’ll turn it into a beautiful DIY flower pot instead.
I’ve been into DIY for a long time. When I was just a child, my grandfather taught me all sorts of little tips and tricks, while he repaired old furniture and came up with new inventions for my grandmother. I watched and tried to remember every detail.
How To Make a Flower Pot
You will need
- a container from detergent capsules
- PE foam or cardboard
- printed flower templates
- white craft glue
- paper towels
- acrylic paint
- Dilute some glue with water in a 1: 1 ratio. Spread it on the outside of the container and glue paper towels.
- Roll several towels up and glue them under the rim of the container.
- For decoration, you can use one of the materials listed above.
- Attach the flower template to the material of your choice, outline with a pencil, and cut out.
- Using about 3 templates of different sizes and shapes, make a 3D flower. Glue it to the container.
- Glue a layer of paper towels on top of the flower. You can also add a lace ribbon around the edge of the container.
- Grains will add some volume to your flower pot. Sprinkle them on the areas you want to accentuate. Remember to spread glue on the decor.
- Coat the flower pot with paint, and when it dries, varnish the surface. Leave it to dry.
- Now you can make the color even using a dry brush and a mix of white and gold paint.
- Place a few small pots inside, in which you can grow greens on the windowsill. Or plant beautiful flowers.
As you can see, making a beautiful DIY flower pot for your home is very easy. You should try it too!