Why Freezing Onions Is a Good Idea
Why complicate the cooking process if you can make it significantly easier? After all, there are countless culinary tips for product preparation and storage. Neglecting them will unquestionably spoil the taste and quality of dishes, and make the cooking process less enjoyable. With this in mind, Cook It has collected the best kitchen life hacks, which will surprise even the most experienced chefs! For instance, do you know why freezing onions is a good idea?
If cooking has worn you out, perhaps it is time to take a step back and have a look at some tips to simplify your routine and learn a culinary know-how or two along the way.
13 Culinary Tips to Make the Cooking Process More Enjoyable
- To reduce the chances of tearing up when cutting onions, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes beforehand.
- Place a wooden spoon on the pot to keep it from boiling over.
- If radishes, celery, or carrots aren’t crispy enough, dip them in icy water along with a raw potato half — it will rejuvenate the veggies.
- Do not rush to pour out flat sparkling wine. Instead, throw a couple of raisins into the bottle — it will instantly put the fizz back in the bubbly.
- Salt will not harden if you add a little rice to the salt shaker.
- What do you do if the dough for your homemade dumplings turned out tough? Add a glass of cold water when boiling.
- To make hard-boiled eggs easy to shell, drop lemon slice or a pinch of soda into the water.
- You can make a delicious treat for kids using thick yogurt. Put the product in a confectionery syringe, squeeze small amounts onto parchment, and pop in the freezer for an hour. Finger-licking good!
- To keep cheese fresh longer, wrap it in paper instead of cling film.
- How about another great piece of advice for storing cheese? We all know that it tends to dry out quickly. You can prevent it by greasing the cut part of it with butter. This method works great on hard cheeses with a wax coating.
- Use a straw to easily remove strawberry stems.
- In sweet pastries, feel free to replace an egg with a ripe banana half.
- You can save oversalted soup! Try adding raw potato slices so that they absorb the excess salt. Let them simmer for 10 minutes and then remove them from the pot. If the dish is still too salty, add a teaspoon of sugar.
Who knew that freezing onions can make the process of cooking so much more pleasant?
If you are merely starting to learn culinary art, check out our articles on how to store food in the freezer, and how to use it effectively. Tell us your tips in the comments and share this information with your friends!
69 Comments Hide Comments
Heya! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!|
I don’t even understand how I stopped up here, however I believed this put up used to be great. I do not understand who you’re however definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger if you aren’t already. Cheers!|
Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great effort.|
Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to â€œreturn the favorâ€.I am trying to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!|
I visited various websites however the audio feature for audio songs existing at this site is truly marvelous.|
Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!|
I was very happy to find this page. I need to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and I have you book marked to check out new stuff on your blog.|
First of all I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Many thanks!|
What’s up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site regularly, if so afterward you will without doubt take fastidious experience.|
Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!|
Hey there, You have performed an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.|
I love it when individuals get together and share ideas. Great site, keep it up!|
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!|
Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, let alone the content!|
Normally I do not read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.|
Hi my family member! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and include almost all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this .|